1. How is it foreshadowing after Axel translates the text of Arne Saknessum.
2. Why does Hans proclaim the Professor as his "Master" and obeys him instead of Axel, even though Axel's ideas can sometimes
be a lot more reasonable.
3. Why does Gretchen support the Professor in his decision to travel to the center of the earth?
4. At what few parts of the journey does the Professor admit that he is wrong.
5. Where does the crew emerge from inside the earth?
1. How did they solve the problem of their water source?
2. What was indicated by the compass losing all its properties?
3. What was the overall tone of this book?
4. People's natures are revealed when they travel together. What do we find out about the Professor and about Harry?
5. Why does it seem to bother the Professor so much that they are without food when he showed so little concern when
they were without water?